Who We Serve
Our program serves Veterans experiencing homelessness in five municipalities across Puerto Rico:
- San Juan
What We Do
Endeavors’ Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program (HVRP) seeks to restore the dignity of unhoused Veterans in Puerto Rico through rapid re-housing and job placement.
Endeavors Case Managers connect qualifying Veterans with long-term competitive employment and permanent housing to help beat the cycle of homelessness. Our one-on-one Case Management services include:
- Housing Assistance
- Career Counseling
- Resume Building
- Job Placement
- On-the-job Training
- Supportive Services
- Skills and Parenting Workshops
- Mental Health Resources
- Behavioral Health Services
- Peer Support
We encourage Veterans in need of assistance to reach out to our HVRP team directly via the “Contact Us” button above to begin the screening and intake process. To be eligible for assistance through HVRP, individuals must:
Meet BOTH of the Veteran requirements below:
- Have served least one day of active-duty service in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines, including time spent in basic training
- Have been discharged or released from military service under conditions other than dishonorable
Be currently experiencing AT LEAST ONE of the housing statuses below:
- Lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence
- Living in a shelter or a place not meant for human habitation
- Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence
- At imminent risk (within 14 days) of losing their housing
- Have experienced homelessness in the 60-day period before HVRP enrollment and have since found housing
For questions regarding eligibility, please use the “Contact Us” button above. Veterans will be contacted to schedule an in-person or virtual intake appointment within 48 hours of contacting Endeavors. The intake will consist of a meeting with an HVRP Case Manager and personal history questionnaire.
When the appointment is scheduled, the Veteran will be asked to bring eligibility documentation, (i.e., personal identification, military discharge information, payment stubs). Veterans will be assisted in obtaining this information and/or helped to obtain a new ID as this is a critical need of those experiencing homelessness. All eligible Veterans will complete a standard assessment process using a combination of resources from Endeavors.
Help Veterans overcoming homelessness.
Many of our Veterans have only the possessions they can carry with them. When they move into their new home, they often lack adequate clothing, toiletries, and home goods. You can help a Veteran feel at home by donating items from our Amazon Wish List. Items will be shipped directly to our office and distributed to our Veterans. Thank you!
Partner With Endeavors
To End Veteran Homelessness
Employers who partner with Endeavors HVRP will receive :
- Employer Training – Endeavors gladly provides training to help educate your human resources team personnel on hiring and retaining Veterans.
- Human Resources Consulting Services – Endeavors employment specialists equip you with resources for best recruiting, interviewing, and related personnel training practices.
- Job Board – Hiring Veterans is as easy as posting open positions on our job board for verified Veterans.
- Mentoring – Endeavors employment specialists provide career guidance tools to coach and empower your recruited Veterans in Critical skills and job retention.
- Talent Sourcing – If necessary, Endeavors talent sourcing specialists will provide prescreened resumes directly to your inbox.
This program is supported by a grant from the US Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Services. The Veterans’ Employment and Training Services prepare America’s veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses for meaningful careers.. For more information, visit www.dol.gov/agencies/vets.
Follow Endeavors Puerto Rico on Facebook